The fellowship is for college students/graduates in the age of 20-30 who are looking to develop themselves into changemakers of tomorrow by acquiring future-ready skills in an experiential manner. This program uniquely combines your skill development along with a part-time internship experience.
We aim to select top 15 youth who will go through our highly focused leadership development program which will develop them both personally and professionally. Along with this, they will work with us for 10 months on a live project where each of them will have the opportunity to impact 100+ school students individually through their managerial skills learned from our training.
Right from knowing your potential and making you more aware to giving you the technical and non-tech skills which are immensely useful for your job/career, this fellowship will ensure that the next generation of leader, which is you have the best of skills required to be future ready.
Education Sector in India
With more than 230 million students attending schools today, India needs an education revolution. India’s education challenge can be understood in 2 parts:
Problem 1: Less than 48% of school students can perform basic reading and arithmetic because of poor learning infrastructure & high student:teacher ratio, leaving a large section of students disinterested and unmotivated to learn.
Problem 2: About 50% of the jobs today are going to disappear by 2025. We need to make our school students future ready by developing them as Leaders and by equipping them with such skills.
Involve aims to solve this issue by using an innovative model of student driven learning in schools where senior students from 8th and above are trained by us to teach their juniors from 4th-8th grade. It is world’s first structured peer teaching program designed by Involve.
Our Change Theory
We think that change is brought by individuals who are geared to be socially conscious leaders.
We aspire to develop youth as Leaders who can implement our solution in the schools and in this process develop themselves as change makers of society.
As an Involve changemaker, you will be a mentor and role model to outstanding students who will teach their juniors & with this cascading model of leadership we hope to impact a million students and develop thousands of leaders like you in next 5 years.
Vision of Changemakers Fellowship
To develop future ready skills in college students which will them help them better perform in their personal and professional life.
Role of a Fellow
Your work will include
- Leading Involve’s Peer Teaching model in School and ensuring its timely implementation.
- Building a rapport with the concerned authorities of the School and coordinate with them for any operational changes in the program.
- Ensuring timely progress reporting/evaluations and documentation of the program in the School.
- Mentoring and guiding the Students to provide a unique learning experience throughout the program.
|Vision||To develop skills in pre final and final year college students which will them help them better perform in their personal and professional life.|
|Objective||They will improve in their
1. Communication and Presentation skills
2. Time management, Goal setting and Organisation skills
3. Critical thinking and problem solving
4. Leadership and teamwork
5. Social and Emotional Intelligence
6. Mentoring and Coaching skills
1. Become better equipped for their placements.
2. Perform well in their student life/jobs.
3. Improved Personal & Social Capabilities
|Program Structure||The program is comprised of 3 major domains: Know Yourself, Occupational Competencies, Enhances competencies. Each domain includes comprehensive unites which will be covered during the mentioned time frame. These domains are supported by Experiences to apply these skills and build improved understanding about them.|
|Domain Sr. No.||Domains||Topics||Sub topics|
|Domain 1||Know Yourself||Social Emotional Intelligence||Know Yourself
How Beliefs/Attitude Affect Decisions
Highlighting Your Strengths – Creating an Elevator Speech
|Domain 2||Occupational Competencies||1. Communication
3. Mentoring and Coaching
Clarity and Concision
Giving and receiving feedback
Being Good listeners
|Domain 3||Enhanced Competencies|
- You must be between 20 to 30 years of age
- You are already pursuing (or have completed) a graduate degree (in any discipline) or will be before the fellowship begins
- You are an Indian citizen
- You are ready for a 10-month part-time commitment to the fellowship (~10 hours per week for 4 days a week post 2 pm)
- You should be fluent in Tamil and have basic fluency in English
- You should be able to speak the language with sufficient structural accuracy and vocabulary to participate effectively in most formal and informal conversations on practical, social, and professional topics.
- You should be able to read standard newspaper items addressed to the general reader, routine correspondence, reports, and materials in the organization’s special field.
The selection to Indian Changemakers Fellowship is a 3-step process
1] Applicants fill a detailed online application form which is also your statement of purpose.
Apply here: https://goo.gl/forms/685rPAPnBQ1wmIdf1
2] Shortlisted candidates will go through the second round of application which will be mailed to those who qualify Round 1.
3] Those who qualify after that will be invited for an assessment day and personal interview in our office in IIT Madras, Chennai. Final selections will be announced only after personal interview.
Important Dates and Deadlines
|Start Date||End Date|
|Round 1 Applications||March 1, 2019||March 31, 2019|
|Round 2 Applications||April 1, 2019||April 28, 2019|
|Personal Interviews||April 29, 2019||May 7, 2019|
|Final Selections Announcement||May 10, 2019||–|
|Changemakers Fellowship Cohort- 2019 Commences||May 20, 2019||March 2020 last week|
1. Can I keep my current job during the fellowship?
Yes, this is a part time commitment, so you can keep your current job provided you fulfill all other eligibility criteria.
2. How much will I get paid? Will the pay increase? If yes then under what circumstances?
Fellows will be paid a stipend of Rs. 300 per session. You will also receive reimbursements for school supplies.The pay won’t increase during the fellowship.
3. Where will I have to work?
In Schools and from our office.
4. How many leaves can I take?
You will get regular leaves according to our organisation policy.
5. Which standard will I be assigned to?
Our Fellows are placed in 4th to 8th standard classrooms where they help our Student Leaders teach 3 major subjects — English, Mathematics, and Science. Also, Since the mother tongue is helpful in interacting within the communities, it is a necessary prerequisite.